website    |    facebook    |    twitter    |    contact

Apr 22, 2013

Sophie - Art Doll




She's finally finished!! Hooray! I've never spent so many hours on one doll as I have on Sophie. I'm so happy to have taken the month long master doll making class. I definitely needed to learn some new tips and tricks to up my quality. That's what I've been focusing on, quality vs. quantity. I want to now bring what I've learned while creating Sophie into my every day sculpture illustration. It's a heck of a lot more work but it shows.

Sophie is a french little girl, styled in a rococo themed costume. I purposely made her clothing look antiqued and aged slightly. It has to look lived-in, even though it is quite an extravagant ensemble. I hope you all enjoy. This the labour of love. 

No comments: