website    |    facebook    |    twitter    |    contact

Jun 10, 2012

Making of: BITSY BEAR












 
 




Hey guys!

It's been forever since my last post, I know, I apologize.  So much work recently and I have so much to show you all, very soon.

This is a personal project I've been working on recently.  I still can't post a whole bunch of magazine work I did, till next week (which is when the magazine comes out). I always wanted to make toys of some sort, either my own line, a one of a kind collection, or manufactured. I started with a part sculpted, part plush bear that I designed and craved to create for a while. I went for a more antique style of painting, loved how it came out. I've never done of these plush toys before, it took a week to make, with a lot of sewing and re-sewing, all which was done by hand, no machine for me baby! I call her "Bitsy" she's 11 inches tall sitting down. She's got some weight to her too, not because of the sculpted areas, but because I added pebbles in her bottom. She feels like a baby when you hold her, it's pretty neat. I'm sure this won't be my last toy, I really enjoyed the process, even though I'm totally not a professional seamstress, it was pretty tricky figuring out the sewing pattern at times. It's really nice to be able to have a physical product that you can move and play with in the end. It's not as fragile as my dolls, but also not for super young children who throw their toys around.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post. I always love sharing my many new trials and errors with you. It's all in the name of ART.

- Kira

No comments: